FOR EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS
In this era of budget cuts and workforce reduction, teaching and administrative staff at colleges, universities and schools are being asked to shoulder yet more responsibility with reduced resources. This is leading to higher stress levels, difficulties in balancing the demands of work and home and low morale in the workplace.
Sessions are specifically targeted at managing teachers', tutors' and lecturers' own work-life balance, stress and wellbeing, but include sections on students' stress and emotional well-being.
Lucy will work with you to tailor prgrammes to meet the individual needs and objectives of your staff and organisation.
WRITING FOR TEACHING
Workshops/seminars for teachers/tutors/lecturers (two-hour, half-day, full-day) include some or all of the following:
- Introduction to Creative Writing as a personal and class management tool - introductions, brainstorm, group discussion
- Writing to process - information about the psychological effects of writing on learning, emotional states and behaviour
- Reflective journaling - exercises to make your reflective tool more creative and promote well-being
- Writing clear assignment criteria and task-setting: explain new ideas clearly; simple sentence construction and appropriate style and phrasing
- Creative writing exercises for teachers and students to develop innovative resources, share good practice, refresh subject specific teaching practice
- Support and information for dyslexic teachers
For Teaching/Classroom management:
- In-class free writing - a scientifically supported tool to enhance student interest, participation, memory and subject knowledge
- Tips for supporting students' literacy: spelling mnemonics; abbreviations and apostrophes; punctuation and grammar
- Restorative justice - writing techniques for helping students to examine their own actions, understand others' responses and set goals for improved behaviour
- Support and information for dyslexic students
- Summary - goal-setting, plenary, evaluation
Also available as lunch-time seminars/discussions, key-note and event speeches, team away/bonding and INSET days.
Coaching/mentoring available for head teachers, department heads, teachers, tutors, lecturers and students